Hemorrhoids are common irritation around rectum which may bleed sometimes. The veins in your rectum or inside anus opening can get inflamed due to applied pressure. Eating spicy food can also contribute to making your hemorrhoids big. It is also commonly known as “Piles”. Treatment may include the use of cream, ointments, taking natural suppository, and making some changes in your diet.
There are two types of hemorrhoids one is called internal and another is called external. Its name is basically defined by the location of hemorrhoids. When the veins inside your rectum are affected it can cause acute pain while sitting, walking, and even using the bathroom. It is even compared with other anal diseases such as anal fistula and anal fissure.
Some common symptoms o hemorrhoids include itching, pain during pooping, bleeding from the rectum, and irritation around the anal opening.
External hemorrhoids are easily identified and make it easy for patients to use cream and ointments. Aloe vera is an old herbal plant which contains various medicinal values helpful in treating hemorrhoids naturally.
1. Pure Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is very soothing to rashes and skin irritation. The anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera have been credited for its healing properties. Topical use of this herbal plant can help you cure hemorrhoids at home.
Thanks to its antiseptic and anti-itching properties, people have been using its gel for calming down rectum itching and help anal warts.
How to use aloe vera gel for hemorrhoids treatment:
- Pluck one leaf and soak it inside cold water for 30 minutes.
- Cut it open and collect all the gel in a sterilized bowl.
- Apply it gently on your external hemorrhoids to calm down itching and pain.
- Cover it with a cotton swab and apply duct tape.
- Keep it on for 1 hour then rinse your anal area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this home remedy 2-3 times a day until your condition improves.
2. Aloe Vera And Coconut Oil
The soothing and calming properties of this herbal plant have been used for anal itching and burning. It calms down irritation and helps you reduce rectum inflammation. In addition to that, using coconut oil will improve the healing speed. This tropical fruit contains skin-nourishing fatty acids. It is also a good source of “Lauric Acid” which is anti-inflammatory in nature and can help you reduce swelling and alleviate pain.
How to use coconut oil and aloe vera to cure hemorrhoids:
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoon of frozen coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosewater
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep them in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Once it is cold, apply this ointment directly to painful hemorrhoids.
- Make sure not to press the bulged veins.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes or if possible use this remedy before going to sleep.
- Repeat it 2 times a day for 2 weeks to get rid of its symptoms.
3. Drink Aloe Vera Juice To Treat Hemorrhoids
Bleeding rectum is one of the biggest problems people have to face when they are suffering from internal piles. Aloe vera has nerve-calming properties which is beneficial for regulating blood circulation. Drinking its juice can help you stop bleeding and provide relief from pain and inflammation caused by hemorrhoids.
How to Make Aloe Vera Juice:
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 glass of chilled water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
What To Do:
- Mix all the ingredients in chilled water.
- Stir it well to make sure all of the elements are completely dissolved.
- Drink one glass 20 minutes after taking breakfast.
- Drink another glass of aloe vera juice before going to sleep.
- It will aid in digestion and provide relief from pain while releasing stool.
4. Aloe Vera with Lidocaine for Hemorrhoids
Lidocaine, also known as xylocaine and lignocaine, is a conventional medicine to numb nerve cell blocks. Taking this medicine provides relief from irritation and pain caused by hemorrhoids. In addition to that, people have been using aloe vera with lidocaine to treat hemorrhoids. Combining them together soothe irritation and other discomfort caused by a fissure in the anal area.
Lidocaine is mostly used to reduce pain or discomfort caused by skin irritations such as sunburn, chigger bites, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, and minor cuts, scratches, or minor burns.
Sometimes people have reported few side effects such as redness and burning sensation where you have used this ointment. You can find some of these pre-made healing kits over the counter. Simply insert the applicator tip 1 inch inside your anus and apply the cream on hemorrhoids.
How To Use:
Here is the recipe for how you can make the same ointment at your home.
- Take one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix 1/3 teaspoon of lidocaine.
- Apply it directly on the affected and painful anal area.
- Keep it until you feel the numbness.
- Rinse with clean water.
- You can also use this remedy before going to the bathroom to minimize the pain.
- Only use it when you are not allergic to lidocaine.
5. Aloe Vera and Olive Oil
Olive oil is a good addition to aloe vera due to its high amount of vitamin E, important to keep your skin healthy. Using this combination will provide relief from inflammation, pain, and irritation caused by hemorrhoids. The mild anesthetic properties of olive works by temporarily numbing the area. This helps in speeding up the healing process and alleviate pain.
How to use olive oil and aloe vera for hemorrhoids:
- In half cup of semi-frozen aloe vera gel mix 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Whisk it for 2-3 minutes so that the oil is properly mixed.
- Apply it directly on the affected area.
- Seal it with duct tape and keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Use this remedy once in a day for several weeks.
6. Aloe Vera And Honey
Honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Modern medicine has found ways to use honey for chronic wound management and combating infection. It also has nerve-calming properties which soothes irritation, itching and pain.
How to use:
- Take 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix 1 tbsp of unfiltered organic honey.
- Let them fuse together for 10 minutes.
- Then apply it directly on inflamed nerves and around your anus.
- Keep it on for several hours before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mix this mixture in one glass of lukewarm water and rinse your rectum and anus area.
- Wash them two times in a day with this solution to fight back infection.
- Repeat this remedy for several days to get rid of hemorrhoids.
7. Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera for Hemorrhoids
This combination of two herbs is used to treat minor pain, itching, swelling, and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids and other problems of the anal area (e.g., anal fissures, itching). Apart from anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, Witch hazel is also a natural anesthetic that can provide relief from pain caused due to hemorrhoids.
How to use:
- In one cup of boiling water add 1 tablespoon of dried witch hazel leaves.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes then strain and collect the water and leaves separately.
- Wash your anal area with this witch hazel solution.
- Crush these boiled leaves and mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel.
- Use this herbal cream for hemorrhoids two times in a day.
- Repeat it for 1 week to soothe itching and alleviate pain.
Those were the most effective ways to use aloe vera for the treatment of hemorrhoids at home. There are still a different aspects of this remedy you must know.
Aloe Vera for Hemorrhoids While Pregnant
Is It Safe To Consume Aloe Vera During Pregnancy? Generally considered as a health drink, pregnant women should not take aloe vera internally. Pregnancy is one of the causes of hemorrhoids and using it externally on your skin can reduce discomforts caused by hemorrhoids.
When you are pregnant, what you eat is very important to keep your child safe and to carry out a successful delivery. This herb may contribute to unwanted contraction of your uterus which can lead to miscarriage.
Topical application is very much healthy and has a nourishing effect on your skin.
Aloe Vera Gel for External Hemorrhoids
The end of your rectum is a veins hub that handles lots of pressure when you poop, sit, squat, and run. People having a desk job that requires them to sit for long hours are more prone to suffer from external fissure and piles. Sitting for long hours and a poor diet can cause external veins to bulge out and cause lots of pain.
Using aloe vera as an ointment for external hemorrhoids is the best cure to soothe itching, irritation, and pain. It is easy to use as you don’t have to insert anything inside your anus. This condition is more vulnerable to get scratched that can cause bleeding and acute pain. The use of turmeric can minimize the risk of developing an infection in your external hemorrhoids.
How to use aloe vera To Treat External Hemorrhoids:
You will need:
- 1/2 tbsp of turmeric root powder
- 1 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of rosewater
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a thick paste.
- Apply it directly around your anus area.
- Keep it on for 1 hour then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Turmeric may leave yellow stains of skin.
- It can also cause slight irritation in the beginning.
- Use it once every day to speed up the healing of hemorrhoids.
Any wound which is on the top of the skin is easy to manage. But internal wounds cause problems while applying home remedies. You will need a hemorrhoid applicator or smooth 1 cm circumference glass rod to apply aloe vera on the infection.
You can find these applicators in any medical store.
Internal rectal wounds cause a more bleeding and a relatively high amount of pain as compared to external wounds.
How to use:
- Put pure aloe vera gel on the applicator and insert 1/2 or 1 inch inside your anus.
- Apply this gel carefully without pressing or irritating the bulged nerves.
- Use baby wipes to clean your anal area after every 2 hours.
- Repeat this remedy for several days.
Aloe Vera Suppository for Hemorrhoids
You can avail of an aloe vera suppository from any herbal store. It can be used for easy insertion into a sore or traumatized rectum.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of slippery elm powder
- 2 teaspoon of marshmallow root powder
- 1 teaspoon of comfrey root powder
- 2 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp of beeswax
- 10 empty and sterilized pen caps
- Throw the beeswax in a double burner and melt it at mild heat.
- Take out the molten beeswax in a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Fill those empty pen caps with this solution.
- Keep it inside a refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Once frozen, take them out from the pen caps and keep it in your fridge.
How to use aloe vera suppository to cure hemorrhoids:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel in half a cup of cold water.
- Take out one suppository from the refrigerator.
- Dip it inside the solution and gently insert it inside your anus.
- Keep it inside for several hours or until you are comfortable.
Aloe vera is widely used to protect skin from infection and rashes. It has skin-soothing properties that help reduce itching, inflammation, irritation, and alleviate pain. People have been using aloe vera for hemorrhoids from centuries to get rid of its symptoms. But there is no scientific study which can claim its benefits.