Underarm odor can be immensely annoying and sometimes even embarrassing, especially if you work with different types of people. You may have those smelly armpits due to different factors including obesity, pregnancy, extreme physical workouts, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, prolonged usage of certain medications, and a lot of other underlying medical conditions.
Whatever is the reason, you would surely want to get rid of foul smell from your armpits. Although there are various deodorants available in the market, you can’t use them for very long because most of them are made with harmful chemicals. So, what is the alternative option? Yes, those evergreen and simple home remedies!
Here are a few very simple yet so effective home remedies to get rid of underarm odor.
1.Apple Cider Vinegar:
Acidic and antimicrobial properties of ACV make it a potent home remedy for smelly armpits. Both of these properties of ACV can destroy bacteria responsible for causing bad odors.
- A small bowl full of ACV.
- Cotton balls.
What to do:
- Simply dip the cotton balls in ACV and apply directly to the underarms.
- Do it twice daily- once in the morning after bath and once before crawling into the bed.
Antiseptic properties of iodine can sterilize the armpits and can balance the pH levels. It can get rid of bad odors from underarms within a few days.
What you need:
- A few drops of iodine.
- A soft and clean brush.
Steps to follow:
- Apply a few drops of iodine directly on the armpits.
- Scrub the armpits gently using the soft brush.
- Leave it on for about five minutes and then go for the bath.
- Doing this once in a day should eliminate the bad odor.
3.Lavender essential oil:
Lavender oil is a natural remedy for multiple skin problems. Its pleasant fragrance can easily remove the bad smell from armpits, and its antibacterial properties will keep the odor-causing bacteria at bay.
You will need:
- 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil.
- One glass distilled water.
Procedure to follow:
- Add the lavender oil to one glass of distilled water.
- Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Use it as a deodorant every day after the bath.
- You can do this once or twice a day for great results.
4.Tea tree essential oil:
Tea tree oil can be the best solution for underarm smells. The antimicrobial and astringent properties of tea tree oil can fight the smell-causing bacteria and hence can be a long-term solution for smelly armpits.
You will need:
- Two drops of tea tree oil.
- 2 tbsp distilled water.
- Cotton pads.
What you need to do:
- Add tea tree oil to the water and mix it properly.
- Soak in the cotton pads and apply them on both underarms.
- Leave for a few minutes and then wash off.
- Do this twice in a day for promising results.
Baking soda is a great option for you if you suffer from excessive sweating. It doesn’t only keep your underarms sweat-free; it can also eliminate the bad smells thanks to its powerful antibacterial properties.
- 1 tbsp baking soda.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix both ingredients properly to have a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your underarms and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Then take a shower.
- Do this daily in the morning before going for the bath.
These are some very effective home remedies for smelly armpits. Using any of these will surely make your life very comfortable, and you will start feeling confident in front of your colleagues. Choose any of these according to your preferences and see the difference.