No ornament or makeup can make your face more attractive than smile. Smile makes you look more beautiful/ handsome to attract people.
Black gums will makes us to be more self conscious about our face. It may even give us the feeling of embarrassment. On, the other hand they are more than unpleasant look in the crowd.
These black gums not only give us unpleasant look, these may also lead to cause number of oral problems. So, to get rid of these unpleasant dark gums, we are here to give you some easy and simple remedies to treat this condition along with tips to prevent and avoid them completely.
Before jumping directly in to the remedies, we need to know the causes of this condition to treat it completely with perfect solution.
Causes Of Dark Gums
There are countless reasons for the cause for dark gums. But according to a recent research, melanin production on the surface of gums is the major cause which eventually corrodes the natural pink color of your gums.
Some more causes include:
As we know stress lead to number of health problems and even gums are affected by it. The hormonal changes due to stress and anxiety in people also results in forming black gums easily.
Drugs and medications such as anti depressants, which are used to treat malaria and other psychological conditions, are more prone to cause dark gums. If you’re noticing the change in color of your gums after taking certain medicines, then immediately consult your doctor for better treatment.
Poor Oral Hygiene
Poor Oral hygiene also leads to the cause of dark gums, lack of proper brushing results in accumulation of food particles between your teeth and serves as breeding ground for bacteria. These bacteria automatically turn your gums into dark color.
Improper Nutrition In Your Diet
A healthy diet will always results in maintaining strong and healthy immune system. Lack of nutrition and anti oxidants in your diet will become havoc to your immune system giving rise to bacteria in your body. This bacteria can often be the cause for several diseases including black gums.
Smoking regularly will results in changing the color of your gums by increasing the growth of bacteria in your mouth. The nicotin in tobacco will cause melanocytes to produce more melanin which leads the gums to become more brown or black.
Implantation of silver amalgam to restore the extracted gum tissue in process of dental treatment will also lead to formation of grey gum. Even filling and dentures in the treatment will blacken your gums because of prosthetics. These types of treatment often called as amalgam tattoos.
People belong to particular region and race will automatically born with black gums or develop black gums over time. It is extremely common in African country.
Addison ’s Disease
Primary adrenal insufficiency or hypoadrenalism i9s nothing but the Addison disease often leads to formation of black gums too. This condition occurs just because of insufficiency of adrenaline hormone produced by adrenal gland which elevates ACTH hormones in the body. Formation of excessive levels of ACTH will lead to hyper pigmentation in several parts of your body including your gums.
Peutz Jegher Syndrome
This condition is a genetic disorder which leads to the development of macules of lips and blackness of gums. This condition is very rare in the people and is inherited heritadily or genetically.
People suffering from these deadly diseases have low levels of immunity that cause deadly bacteria. They can easily convert in to gingivitis and periondotitis easily, therefore dark gums are quite common in HIV and Aids people.
How To Avoid Dark Gums
You cannot avoid darkening of gums if you are undergoing certain dreadful diseases as shown in above section. But the following remedies will definitely help you to fight against this condition and improve your confidence.
- Lemon Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Green Tea
- Black Tea Bugs
- Tea Tree Oil
- Rose Vinegar
- Clove Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Drink Enough Water
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Black Gums
1. Lemon Oil
(Image Source: https://www.organicfacts.net)
Lemon Oil is a treasure source of antiseptic and antibacterial properties that helps to get rid of bacterial infection and cleansing teeth and gums effectively.
Direct application of lemon oil might results in infecting your mouth.
- Instead mix table spoon of lemon juice with little amount of olive oil and blend them well.
- Let it sit for few weeks to prepare lemon oil.
- Use this oil to swish your mouth regularly in the morning to improve your oral health.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel helps to fight against infected gums and the anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties will eliminate bacteria from your mouth.
- Extract little amount of fresh aloe vera gel from the leaf and massage it on your gum for few minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with water thoroughly.
- You can also use it as a mouth wash and swish it around your mouth for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Green Tea
Everyone knows green tea helps to treat numerous heath and skin issues without causing any side effects. It works effective in clearing impurities and bacteria inside your mouth due to its amazing properties.
It also reduces the inflammation of gums and improves the health of your gums. Try to drink one cup of green tea regularly twice in a day to enhance stronger teeth and even healthy pinkish gums.
4. Black Tea Bags
(Image Source : https://www.indiamart.com)
Black tea is capable of treating microbes and reduce the inflammation and swelling in your mouth. Drinking a cup of black tea or applying it on the black gums often results in improving its color.
- Boil one cup of water and place black tea bags in it, now steep them for few minutes.
- Then allow the tea bag to cool down, apply these tea bags all over the gums and massage gently for few minutes.
- Repeat the same process regularly until you see desired results.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is effective in reducing all types of gum diseases. It also helps to prevent root damage due to its antiseptic, antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
- Dilute few drops of tea tree oil by adding coconut or olive oil and stir it well.
- Now apply this oil on your gums and massage gently for few minutes. You can also use this oil as mouth wash and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process regularly for beneficial results.
6. Rose Vinegar
Rose vinegar also helps to maintain healthy gums by preventing bacteria which is buildup in your mouth. Take handful of rose petals and steep them in one glass of red wine vinegar.
Now, take one table spoon of rose vinegar and mix it with one cup of warm water and use this solution as mouth wash regularly. Repeat this process until you see healthy pink gums in your mouth.
7. Clove Oil
Due to the antiseptic, anti bacterial and antimicrobial properties of clove oil will stimulate the growth and repairs the damage tissues. It also helps to improve overall oral health
- Take some clove oil and massage it on your gums for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow it to sit for another few minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Do this regularly to get rid of black gums easily.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is loaded with number of essential properties to treat all type of skin conditions both internally and externally. It also do wonders in maintaining your oral health. The anti microbial, anti bacterial properties of coconut oil prevents all the bacteria in your mouth.
- Take one table spoon of coconut oil and swish it in your mouth like a mouth wash for few minutes before washing your teeth regularly.
- You can also make it to sit for more than 10 minutes in your mouth to remove all type of oral problems.
9. Sesame Oil
The powerful sesame oil will help to lessen the buildup of plaque and thereby reduces the gum weakening, darkening and receding.
- Take ¼ cup of sesame oil which is diluted and swish it in your mouth for few minutes.
- Split it out after some time and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process regularly to enhance your oral health
10. Drink Enough Water
Drinking enough amount of water has numerous benefits for health. As per doctors suggestion a human should drink more than 8 ounces of water per day to keep all health issues at bay.
Drinking limited amount of water will also help to prevent unnecessary toxins and bacteria from your body and keep you healthy all time.
Tips And Precautions To Avoid Black Gums
Here are some tips that will definitely help you to avoid formation of black gums.
- Brush properly once in the morning and once before going to sleep.
- Clean your mouth daily by using antibacterial mouth wash.
- Use the right toothbrush with right tooth paste and never use tooth brush which has hard bristles.
- Quit smoking and reduce consumption of alcohol in your regular routine.
- Have regular checkups with your dentist to avoid gum diseases.
- Maintain healthy diet by having foods which are rich in vitamins, iron and calcium.