What comes to your mind when we talk of a liquid that can be easily found at all homes and is loaded with a zillion benefits? Well, the apple cider vinegar, right?
The apple cider vinegar is being used as an important ingredient in a lot of skin and body products and works like a godsend in almost all of them. The recent popularity of this product has made it everyone’s favorite product for every problem, which is a good thing for all of us.
Nowadays, since every influencer is talking about this product publicly, vinegar making companies have also started escalating on the price range.
Before you jump onto these websites and start saving all your income to buy this, we are going to reveal a secret method that can help you prepare this magical liquid at home.
STEP BY STEP METHOD:
Go to any local fruit market and make sure to choose the best quality apples. Even though these apples are to be left for the fermentation process, the better the quality of apples, the more beneficial is the vinegar.
Wash all the apples thoroughly before going starting the full procedure. You can decide the quantity according to the amount of vinegar that you need, but if you prefer being on the safer side, then we suggest you go for a small unknit of apples this time. This way, there would not be much loss even if the vinegar is not up to the expected mark.
Cut small pieces of cubes out of these washed apples, around 1 inch.
Take a huge glass jar and fill it with the nicely cut apples and leave 1/4th of the space of the jar. Do not use a steel utensil for this purpose.
Let the apples be dipped in water and no apple should remain open from any part, as it will start getting rotten.
Now, merge around 4 grams of sugar per apple for proceeding further and mix it well.
Use a cheesecloth as a lid for the jar and cover it properly using a rubber band at the base.
THE FERMENTATION PROCESS:
- Keep the mixture at a place which is completely devoid of light or air and does not receive any interference from family members. The temperature of that zone must be around 20 degree Celsius.
- Keep on changing the apple position in the jar, once in a day.
- Wait for all the apples to settle down at the bottom of the jar. This usually takes a time of around 2 weeks and indicates that the vinegar is ready.
- Using a plastic sieve, filter out the apples from the liquid and strain it in a container.
- Let the filtered vinegar be left for around 6 weeks or even more. The more time it is left for, the stronger will be its taste.
Your apple cider vinegar is ready to be used after 6 weeks.