Hair loss is one of the major concern in cosmetic market. Baldness in women has become common due to rise in air pollution and abuse of hair care products such as straightener, curler, and masker. Castor oil for baldness is an old yet effective home remedy.
It can prevent your dry scalp from fungal infection and also promote blood circulation which leads to healthy hair growth. Baldness can be hereditary which can not be treated. However, If your hair is falling due to excessive shampooing and use of chemical products then you can control that situation with the help of castor oil.
The oil is extracted from castor plant seeds through cold compress method. It is widely used in anti-wrinkle creams and lubricating industries. Castor oil has high viscosity which makes it difficult to use on hair. It is also widely used as home remedy for head lice removal.
Does Castor Oil Help Treat Baldness?
Losing hair is stressful and it can further damage your social image. No body like a bald woman or man until they are bald themselves. Does your hair falls off when you run your finger through your hair? if yes then you need a dose of castor oil.
According to The Journal of Lipid Insights, castor oil is potent anti-fungal. It can come handy when you need to reduce hair fall caused due to scalp infection. There are so many incidents where people get fungal infection in their scalp. It can up-root your hair and cause acute baldness. Applying castor oil on such infected scalp can kill fungus infection and prevent baldness from getting worse. It will also promote re-growth of fallen hair roots.
It contain nutrients which is essential for hair regrowth. Many bald people forget to understand that natural oiling is essential to maintain a healthy hair. Castor oil is powerful essential oil which contains flavonoids and skin friendly macro nutrients that support healthy skin.
Regular massage of hair roots improve the blood circulation. Increased blood circulation provide sufficient oxygen which promote fast hair growth and help you fight back baldness.
The fatty acids in this essential oil is potent remedy for itchy scalp. It prevent you from scratching your head and causing forceful hair fall.
Not just loss of hair, but castor oil also support the treatment of premature graying of hair. It rejuvenate the dead cells by nourishing them properly.
It is widely known to hydrate skin which prevent them from shedding hairs. Many people become bald due to poor skin hydration and this problem can be solved with castor oil.
How to Use Castor Oil To Treat Baldness
You can mix this essential oil with other natural ingredient to promote fast growth.
1. 100% Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- Take 2 tablespoon of warm castor oil.
- Apply it directly on the root of your hairs.
- Massage your scalp gently for 10 minutes.
- Wrap a towel or use a shower cap and keep it on for 2 hours.
- Then, rinse with mild shampoo and towel dry.
If you have long hair – multiple the requirement by 2.5 times.
2. Castor Oil and Olive Oil
Olive will add additional skin nourishing ingredient which is beneficial for treating hair loss. It contains high amount of vitamin E, fatty acids, medium chain acids and traces of biotin (not confirmed).
- Mix 5 tablespoons of castor oil and 2 teaspoon of olive essential oil.
- Keep the moisture on heat for 1 minute.
- Now pour them on your head and spread it gently.
- Allow it to get soaked by your head for several minutes.
- Now with the help of your fingers, massage it in circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes then rinse with mild shampoo.
3. Mix Castor Oil With Coconut Oil
If you are thinking about controlling hair fall then you must include coconut oil benefits in the remedy. It not just help castor in making things fast but also help your hair shine. Coconut oil is potent antibacterial and contains fatty acids which nourishes your weak hair shaft and prevent split ends.
- Warm up 2 tablespoon of castor oil and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Apply them at the roots of your baldness.
- Use your hand thumbs to apply little pressure and massage it for several minutes.
- To get best results, you must use it before going to sleep.
- Both the essential oil will work on treating your baldness overnight.
4. Castor Oil and Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is an excellent remedy for baldness. It is rich in fatty acids which is essential to promote growth and prevent hair loss. After using this remedy, you will feel freshness and your hair will smell good.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of lemon oil and 1 tablespoon of castor oil.
- Start applying the oil blend on your hair root and cover entire scalp.
- Massage the bald area for several minutes.
- You can massage the entire scalp, however, focus more on affected area.
- Allow it to nourish your head for 1 hour then wash it off by shampooing.
5. Mix Castor Oil With Avocado Oil
Avocado is one of the most nutritional fruit which can help you boost your immune. It is also rich source of fatty acids and contain omega-6 which is helpful in treating baldness. People also eat avocado to boost metabolism. Due to high viscosity it is tough for castor to penetrate your skin. However, this problem is solved by mixing avocado oil, as it has high skin penetration power.
- Mix equal amount of both oils and apply it on damp hairs.
- Leave it on for 3-4 hours, or use it before going to sleep and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning by using mild shampoo.
- Use this baldness remedy for several days until you hair fall stops.
How Frequently You should Use Castor Oil For Bald Spots
Don’t forget that you got bald by losing hairs for a long period of time. So there is no miracle cure that will help you treat hair loss in 1 day. However, frequent use of such remedy is very effective in promoting hair growth.
So how frequently you should apply castor oil on bald area? Typically you should use it every alternative day. The best time to use this cure is before going to sleep. Apply them on your scalp and allow it to work overnight. Make sure to add other natural ingredient to increase its efficacy.
Castor oil for baldness or hair loss is one of the old folk remedy which is still very popular. It show positive result and there are many people offering their review on such treatment. You may get different results than all other men and women because every skin and hormonal balance is different. So use them regularly until you get desired results.