We’ve all been there: summer hits, and you have to break out the swimsuit that shows all the skin you’ve been hiding that previous winter. You know, that moment you look down and it looks like it just snowed on your legs, because they haven’t been cared for since last August? Well, fret no more, because your legs are about to shine like the summertime stars because I have the only beauty solution you need this summer: coffee.
While I prefer my coffee strung up in an IV connected to my body 24/7, (kidding, but not really) coffee is, in fact, quite notorious in the world of beauty. It is highly regarded for being filled with amazing skin-enhancing properties— benefiting antioxidants, caffeine, and cellulite reducing diuretic components.
When you take all these factors and combine them into the ideal beauty product, you get coffee scrub. No more bottles of grainy exfoliators that cost a ton (or are supposed to be used for your face, I know, I do it too). Coffee scrub is here to save money, time, and your legs.
My recipe uses Whole Foods Allegro Coffee, their private label that is just as delicious as it is beautifying. (I recommend the Blue Nile Blend with a dash of almond milk, yumm), coconut oil, olive oil, sugar, a bowl, and a spoon.
Let’s get dirty, ladies....
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup pre-ground Allegro Coffee in your flavor of choice
- ¾ cup white or brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- ¼ cup olive oil
How to Make It:
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix together
2. Pour in olive oil and add in the coconut oil
4. Sit in the bath tub or stand in the shower and scoop a handful of the scrub onto your skin and rub in circular motions
5. Gently rub for 2-4 minutes, but if your skin starts to get tender stop scrubbing to prevent skin irritation. (you can even do this before using tanning lotion or getting a spray tan to get an even application)
6. After scrubbing, rinse off the coffee grinds and towel dry to reveal glowing, dead-skin free legs that have that ~extra~ glow
7. Sit back, revel in how amazing your legs look, grab a great magazine and sip up some hot Allegro Blue Nile with almond milk. Trust me, this step is extra necessary!
Incorporate this into your beauty routine around 1-2 times a week depending on your skin’s sensitivity, and get ready for the compliments to start flooding in. Drink up and get to scrubbing ladies! #yourewelcome